Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Life.

The sad thing about life is, you never really know how amazing it is. I mean, you have on average 82 years to live. That’s 29,930 days. That’s 718,320 hours and 43,099,200 minutes. That’s 2,585,952,000 seconds. Now when you look at the amount of seconds is, you think “wow that’s quite a lot!” but really it’s not. If you see how many seconds there are in a day (which 86,400) that’s not really that much. and then you minus about 32,400 (9 hours) for sleeping, you’re left with about 54,000 seconds left to actually do things in one day. I find this extremely depressing. Also to know that I am spending a fair few seconds bothering to write about how many seconds you have on average.

People, you don’t understand how lucky you are. You’ve got this whole life to do amazing things and there are so many things we miss out on. You don’t want to get to your later years and think to yourself “I should’ve done this while I could.” which you shouldn’t be saying anyway because you’re never too old or too young to try new things. Live your life to the fullest.

Then you have the people who aren’t average. Those who have disabilities, diseases, conditions, and cancers. These people aren’t so lucky. So next time you reach for your cigarette or drink, think about how many seconds you are wasting, how many days are wasting and how many people would kill to have a life as long as yours.

Take it from someone who knows.

Over and Out, Lyndall.

No comments:

Post a Comment