This type of torture doesn't involve pulling, or stretching, or dragging you behind a cart. Or constant slapping, or hanging you from a roof, this torture is based inside the head. It is always there, from the day they come along.
That one person that just ruins every day of your life.
Even if you don't see them anymore, even if you don't have anything to do with them anymore, they still find ways to seep into your head and make you relive possibly the worst moments of your life. Their words, shouting at you, their face, appearing, all the time. But I tell you what I hate the most about those people? The fact that there is at least one other person out there with the same name. If they have a very common name, every time you see, meet, or think about someone else with the same name, their face pops up, and it annoys the crap out of you!
I really hope that no one ever has to go through that sort of thing, because it is the most horrible form of mental torture possible. And you just want it to stop, but it can't. Then you blame yourself for thinking about them all the time, and then you start to believe that you can't move on, or you haven't. And that annoys you too. Then everything going on in the present starts to catch up with you, and it all gets way too much. You just want it to stop, for a few minutes. But it doesn't. You learn to accept that face, and that voice in your head. You learn that hey can't hurt you, if you don't let them.
Slowly, you learn to let it go.
The face and the voice, they never leave. The harder you try not to think about them, the harder it is to stop. Keep yourself occupied. Find other people, to help.
If you're anything like me, you wont. You'll do it alone, because you think you can, because you think you're strong enough to pull through it, and you don't need a hand to help. You do, everyone does. And I know what it's like to be left behind, to be forgotten, to not have the friend you thought you had. That, my friends, is why I sometimes believe don't I need anyone else to make me happy, because I'm afraid of behind left behind, again.
I fixed my problem, but lately it can't help coming back to me. I just thought I'd freak you all out, and make you think I'm a psychopath. Well, my work here is done. :)
Song of the Blog:
Liar Liar - Never Shout Never!
Awesome song (Y)
Over an Out, Lyndall.
No comments:
Post a Comment